Thursday, July 11, 2013

My Baby Bird


The past few days were quite difficult for me. Mom got sick (recurring fever) and was given antibiotics to be taken for one week. What complicated the matter was that she has both high blood problems and type 2 diabetes. She was initially given 500mg antibiotics but her stomach was too weak to take it because she had been eating like a bird since she got sick. Her food intake was so little, just like a bird’s peck on grains. L  This caused her to vomit several times, to lose her appetite and to lose her energy on several occasions. Our family was so afraid in regulating her blood sugar level that she was rushed to the hospital yesterday for possible confinement. Fortunately, all her test results were normal so she did not have to be admitted.

I write this now, late in the evening, watching over my “Baby Bird.”  I’ve lacked sleep two nights ago and I’m just not sure if I will miss a few hours again today. My lower back is already aching. L I will sleep in a while after I’ve given mom the last antibiotic tablet for the day. Gosh. She’s taking so many medicines that I sometimes lose track of which one she should take! (And I will not fail to mention that she still has medication for her eye).

Just looking at all of these medicines make me feel weak.. Poor Mom... 
It’s hard to see the people you care for in pain. L Our whole family is really just praying that the Lord will heal mom soon. I’m also praying that I’ll have enough strength to take care of her for one whole week... or more?

On the other hand, this circumstance was such an eye opener for me. Since mom was debilitated, I had to take over all of the household chores that she had been doing. I have to admit -- it’s very difficult. Because of this realization, the more I respect and admire my mom – how she keeps it “all together” despite the fact that she’s already in her 70s. She is God’s beautiful gift to our family.

And so friend, kindly pray for my mom, my “Baby Bird.” My family and I will greatly appreciate it. God bless you. I leave you with this quotation by E.M. Bounds:

“Only God can move mountains, but faith and PRAYER can move God.”


No comments:

Post a Comment