Wednesday, July 3, 2013

It's So Fluffy!


Around a week ago, I mentioned in my blog entitled “REzzzT” that I had been feeling so tired lately. Actually, I was thinking that it was one of the symptoms of chemical imbalance, tipping me over towards depression especially because the week prior to that was a bit busy. L  And so, when I was in my sister’s house a few days ago, I grabbed the opportunity to relax and have fun with my two other nieces, Pauline and Denice Ann. We had an it’s-a-girl-thing “thingy” in Pauline’s room where we had a make-up session (which I will share here soon) and one of our family’s favorite games: the IT’S SO FLUFFY Game! Clap! Clap! J 

Game Materials:
One large pack of big marshmallows (contents depending on number of participants)
Brave souls who wouldn’t mind looking hilarious. Hehe.
Fluffy mallows!  
Game Mechanics:
  1. One by one, each participant will put a marshmallow into his mouth and say with feelings, “It’s so fluffy!”
  2. He will continue putting marshmallows in his mouth until he reaches his limit.
  3. The person with the most number of marshmallows wins the game. J
LET THE GAME BEGIN! 

First Contestant: Denice Ann Alimorong
Total No. of Marshmallows: 7

Why so sad? Hehe.
Now, that's better. Smile!
Second Contestant:  Me (Tita Dana)
Total No. of Marshmallows:  4

The mallows are so big! Can't put them in! 
One more mallow... Just one more mallow..
Last Contestant:  Pauline Eunice Samson
Total No. of Marshmallows:  8

Can you beat me??
Peace!
AND THE WINNER, with a total of eight (8) fluffy and delicious marshmallows is (drumroll)…… PAULINE! YAY! Clap! Clap! Hehehe. The three of us had a grand time laughing till we dropped! Thank God for giving me a fun-loving family. J

It may be an overused cliché but I will not fail to emphasize that LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE.

“A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” 
Proverbs 17:22

In 2009, the Lord blessed me with an officemate who brought so much laughter into my life. Her name is Tita Marisa. She’s a very simple woman; a widow with three children. Though her life is filled with heartache, you will never notice this because she always has a smile on her face and a joke to crack. Her deep relationship with Jesus keeps her strong despite the many storms of life. Our bonding moments in the office contributed a lot to my healing all throughout those years we were working together. Until now, we remain as very close friends. I truly owe a lot to her.

Hot off the Press! Xian Lim's real girlfriend! The ever gorgeous Tita Marisa.
Move over Kim Chiu! Hehe.
So, if you’re feeling down or depressed, take a step to move out of the funk. Find friends and people who care for you and who can help lift you up. No man is an island. God created us as social beings. We all need each other.

“Steps to Fight Oncoming Depression…. Find people who cheer you up. If you know people who are good listeners and who have a great deal of empathy, invite them somewhere as your guest or just arrange to talk to them.” 

-       Dean A. Haycock, PhD., “The Everything Health Guide 
to Adult Bipolar Disorder, 2nd ed.,” p.176.

I lost the game! Only 4 mallows! Noooooooo!!!!!
I shall return for the next round! Hehe.
*FOLLOW my blog by sending me your email address above (upper right hand portion of the page) and receive automatic blog updates. Yay!

*Follow me on Twitter too! @polarbeardana

*Find me at Facebook and let’s be friends!

*Please feel free to COMMENT HERE. But you would have to be logged on to Gmail. If you don’t have a Gmail account, please just send me a message through Facebook (Dana Alimorong). I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.. J


“Therefore we do not lost heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away
yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.”
2 Corinthians 4:16


4 comments:

  1. You gave me an idea Dana...:) thanks for sharing that game..I can use that in one of my events. However, I think I have to use smaller mallows for the kids hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Ate. Actually, many people alrdy know the game. :) Yes, I think you shld use smaller mallows. Ahihihi. :p

      Delete
    2. Bawi next time, Miss Dana :)

      Delete
    3. Yes, Nikki! Babangon ako at dudurugin ko -- ang mga mallows... Hahaha... :P

      Delete