Friday, June 14, 2013

Surprise! Surprise!

Around two to three months ago, I received a phone call from a very good friend. She asked how I was and I answered that I was back at home after having resigned from my job. I felt her deep concern as she suggested that I try "blogging" since I have a "talent" in writing. Honestly, I never really saw myself as a good writer. All through the years, I would just be surprised at how people recognized this "gift" that I have. 

Anyway, that's really how this whole concept of blogging started. Frankly, I needed income. 

But, as I started praying about it, the concept developed and the rationale became deeper. At the root of it was my "being." Why am I here? Why am I alive? What is my purpose in life? The answer, of course, is very clear to me -- to glorify my Maker who gave me breath and a heart that beats. 

Now, what to blog about? There are many blogs out there -- travel blogs, food blogs, event blogs, homeschooling blogs, parenting blogs and the list goes on. But I said to myself that this blog will be different!! From the beginning it was crystal clear -- I will write about my journey, my journey as a bipolar. YES, my friend. YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! I AM BIPOLAR. Surprise! Surprise! Finally, my deepest SECRET is out and there's no taking it back... :/

My welcoming message weeks ago mentioned that it took time for me to prepare for this blog's launch. This was really due to my STRUGGLE whether or not to disclose this extremely personal information to the public. I'm pretty sure you have an idea of how psychiatric patients are stigmatized in Philippine society. :(  I was very wary. Nevertheless, I took courage to reveal this because I want to be a voice for the rest of us with mental condition who are afraid and insecure. 

But more than this, it is my sincerest desire that through my travails as a bipolar, my experiences as relayed in this blog will glorify Jesus. I wish to share the Good News (of how He has wiped away my tears) to the rest of us living in this lonely and sometimes cruel world. I want to share the JOY I have received from Him who loves us deeply. 

And so today, June 14, 2013 (Philippine Time), I gladly launch my blog entitled "Memoirs of a Polar Bear." May you enjoy reading in the days, months and years to come.. 

<3 <3 <3

Love, 

Dana+

13 comments:

  1. Eeep!! I noticed grammatical errors in my article. Sorry for these mistakes. Will make it better next time.. :/

    Dana+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are super brave dear:-).

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much.. It was only by God's grace that I became brave..

      Delete
    3. Its ok to have mistakes. It means you can correct them. 8-)

      Delete
    4. Kuya Ed, thanks for the assurance. Nakakahiya kasi magkaroon ng errors in grammar, syntax, etc. especially because I used to teach highschool English. Haha. The thing is, the breakdown dulled my brain a bit and that years of being "down" made me lose my sharpness. It's not an excuse, though. I have to get back on my feet and practice good written English again.

      Delete
  2. I'm proud of you my dear sister...i'm your number 1 fan...from the start, i really knew that you would excel in writing...something that i also want to do...but God placed me in a workplace to reconcile numbers, to find discrepancies, to implement systems and to face ledgers and worksheets with lots of figures...but for you, writing is your niche because you inspire, encourage and touch our emotions...so go go go girl...this is God's gift for you so treasure it. Will be expecting and anticipating your next blog....love you always and God bless you! Ephesians 3:20 "And God is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, more than anything that we could ever imagine, ask or hope for according to the power that is working within us"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soooo much, Ate Peach. Labs mo talaga ako. Hahaha. I'm proud of you too for having reached your position in the workplace now. Only people with tremendous discipline and perseverance will achieve such a feat. I know that even if you sleep for just 5 minutes to implement your office's system's conversion, you can still do it by God's strength and grace. Go go go, too! Hehehe. :) Thanks so much for the continuing support and encouragement despite the several episodes I've had. Thanks so much for the wisdom in the advices that you give. Thanks so much for the love that makes me whole.

      Amen to Ephesians 3:20!

      Glory to Jesus!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your new blog site Dana!

    I never knew that you are a Bipolar, I'm sure to read any articles you would post here.

    Don't worry coz your not alone, I also have to confess my Psychosis since 2006 when i went to Sydney and came back.

    I occassionally have delusions yearly, i also had encounters with Mama, GOd, Jesus, and even the holy spirit on different events.

    I may sound crazy but I know you would understand lol!

    Tell us more about this!

    See you around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Bob. Thanks for reassuring me that I'm not alone.. Tell me more about what happened in Sydney on our next chat. Sad to know your delusions occur yearly. Hindi naman ganoon kadalas yung sa akin basta tuloy lang ang pag-take ko ng gamot.

      No, you don't sound crazy to me -- because you're very right -- I UNDERSTAND YOU PERFECTLY! AHAHA. LOL. I have a feeling my hallucinations are crazier than yours! Lol. I'll tell you more about my encounters on our next chat. I'll also share it here in the future. :p

      Dad is asking how you are. He would like to talk with you one of these days. :)

      Salamat sa pagtangkilik mo sa blog ko ha. Abangan ang susunod na kabanata.. Haha.. :D

      Delete
  4. No worries Dana, i also have stories about my experiences but I'm also thinking taht it might also be morbid to say everything about it hahaha.

    Tell Uncle that I'm doing much better now than before, and I am glad to chat with you guys sometime soon.

    Keep me posted! ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morbid? Haha. I think I understand you. You can tell me anything. :) Okay, I'll tell Daddy. I'm glad to know you're better. Chat-chat tayo kapag may oras ka at kung online ako. Oh, have you read my latest blog? :)

      Delete
  5. Hey Dana! Well di ka halatang bipolar. 8-) I know its a struggle especially that you are aware and very much conscious of it. In His time, He will deliver as yougive glory to Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, salamat naman kuya at nasabi mong hindi halatang may sakit ako. Oh, you should see me when I'm having an episode. Haha. :p Thanks po for the encouragement. Amen. The Lord will deliver in His time. Pasabi nlng po kay Ate Emy. I would also love to hear from her. :)

      Delete