Thursday, September 18, 2014

Cyclone

The country is once more faced with a catastrophe because of a Tropical Storm which reminds us of Typhoon “Ondoy.” The pictures of “Ondoy” are still lucid in my mind. Deep, murky flood... Our “kababayans” either struggling against the strong current or stranded on their rooftops waiting for rescue... Lifeboats here and there... And sadly, dead bodies floating on the rushing waters. L

And now, we are experiencing Tropical Cyclone “MARIO.”

Satellite rendering of tropical cyclone "Mario" within the Philippine Area of Responsibility
as of Thursday morning, September 18, 2014. PAGASA
Photo Credit:  www.philstar.com

Again, we are called as a nation to look beyond our individual circumstances, personal storms and the safety of our homes and help those in need in any way we can. I believe this is a form of love that the Lord Jesus Christ taught us – practical and sacrificial love. It’s not that easy to do but it is the highest calling.

Calamities will always come. But it will be a greater tragedy to cover our eyes, turn a deaf ear and not feel the needs of the people around us. Let us follow the Lord and His example; He who GAVE Himself up to SAVE our souls... He who calmed the fury of the seas and commanded the wind and waves, "Quiet! Be still!"(Mark 4:39).  God bless us all.

“Follow You”
(Leeland)

You live among the least of these:
The weary and the weak
And it would be a tragedy
For me to turn away
All my needs You have supplied
When I was dead You gave me life
How could I not give it away so freely?

Use my hands, use my feet
To make Your kingdom come
To the corners of the earth
Until Your work is done
'Cause faith without works is dead
And on the Cross, Your blood was shed
So how could we not give it away so freely?

And I give all myself
I give all myself
And I give all myself to You

I'll follow You into the homes of the broken
I'll follow You into the world
I'll meet the needs for the poor and the needy, God
I'll follow You into the world 

Photo Credit:  Tran The Vuong, www.gettyimages.com
“Then Jesus said to them all: ‘If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and FOLLOW Me.
For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life
for Me will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world
and yet lose or forfeit his very self?’”

Luke 9:23-25

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment