Friday, August 23, 2013

Brain Dead


Did you know that there was once a time when I could not read? Literally. After my mental breakdown in 2007, my brain actually deteriorated. A short circuit happened up there probably affecting certain parts of my brain. I could not comprehend simple phrases. And mathematical equations that used to be rather easy seemed to be very very difficult already! L Whenever I try to read my Bible to pray, I have to repeat one verse around A GAZILLION times just to get a gist of its meaning. And believe it or not, at 30 years old, I resorted to coloring books and children’s crossword puzzles just to get my system back. Yeah, that bad!
Here fishy fishy fishy!
Back to the basics with children's coloring books. Hehe.
Photo Credit: www.raisingourkids.com
That is the reason why I’m so thankful that I can write again now. This blogging thing is actually a miracle for me considering the context of what happened. I’ll have to say though that numbers still elude me – still having a hard time with that. Hehe. L

That’s also why I really have NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF. From that experience, I realized that I don’t own anything in this life – not even my knowledge nor health. Anytime and anywhere, anything can happen. But God allows this NOT because He’s a cosmic KJ (killjoy) but because He’s concerned about our CHARACTER. He allows trials in our lives to make us humble and BETTER PEOPLE. J 
Puzzles like this one helped me with letters and words..
Photo Credit: www.emperorkids.com

I share with you this verse from Scripture by St. Paul (2 Corinthians 12:10):

“That is why, for Christ’s sake, I DELIGHT in WEAKNESSES, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I AM STRONG.”


So, if you’re at your lowest and are feeling faint, find your strength in the Lord. He will never leave you nor forsake you. J
I thought that my brain would be forever "dead"
But with Jesus, it's alive and full of colors once again!
Photo Credit: www.greenteadesign.com


No comments:

Post a Comment